Sarah Rajabi Ph.D.
Department of Cell Engineering, Cell Science Research Center, Royan Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Technology
Sarah Rajabi received her M.Sc and Ph.D. degrees in cellular and developmental biology from Kharazmi University, Tehran, Iran, in 2008 and 2013 respectively. In 2009, she joined Royan Institute and she completed a postdoctoral research fellowship on heart bioengineering under Prof. Baharvand’s supervision in 2017. Her research interests include the design and fabrication variety of ECM-derived biomaterials and the analysis of the interaction of stem cells with different scaffolds for cardiovascular, skin, and muscle tissue engineering. She has published more than 45 papers in reputed journals. Now, she is one of the academic staff as an Associate Professor of the cell engineering and cardiovascular group of Royan Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Technology.
- Isolation and characterization of apical papilla cells from root end of human third molar and their differentiation into cementoblast cells: an in vitro study. Morvarid Ebadi, Amirfarhang Miresmaeili, Shahrokh Shojaei, Sareh Farhadi, Sarah Rajabi. Biological Procedures Online. 2023. V:52:2. P:1-11.
- 5-Azacytidine incorporated skeletal muscle-derived hydrogel promotes rat skeletal muscle regeneration. Behnaz Mirza Ahmadi, Afshin Noori, Mohammad Kazemi Ashtiani, Sarah Rajabi, Mahmood Talkhabi. Cells & Development. 2023. V:173. P: 203826.
- Hybrid gelatin-sulfated alginate scaffolds as dermal substitutes can dramatically accelerate the healing of full-thickness diabetic wounds. Amin Sadeghi, Maryam Zare-Gachi, Mostafa Najjar-Asl, Sarah Rajabi, Mohammad Javad Fatemi, Siamak Farokh Forghani, Hamed Daemi, Mohamad Pezeshki-Modaress. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2023. V:302. P: 120404.
- Three-dimensional biomimetic reinforced chitosan/gelatin composite scaffolds containing PLA nano/microfibers for soft tissue engineering application. Fatemeh Eftekhari-Pournigjeh, Mahdi Saeed, Sarah Rajabi, Maryam Tamimi, Mohamad Pezeshki-Modaress. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2023. V:225. P:1028-1037.
- An aorta ECM extracted hydrogel as a biomaterial in vascular tissue engineering application. Khadijeh Baaji, Mohamad Pezeshki-Modaress, Sarah Rajabi. Progress in Biomaterials. 2022.V:11. P:207-211.
- SDF-1α loaded bioengineered human amniotic membrane-derived scaffold transplantation in combination with hyperbaric oxygen improved diabetic wound healing. Davood Nasiry, Ali Reza Khalatbary, Mohammad-Amin Abdollahifar, Mohammad Bayat, Abdollah Amini, Mohammad Kazemi Ashtiani, Sarah Rajabi, Afshin Noori, Abbas Piryaei. Journal of Bioscience and Bioengineering. 2022. V:133. P:489-501.
- Human amniotic membrane extracellular matrix scaffold for dental pulp regeneration in vitro and in vivo. Hengameh Bakhtiar, Azin Ashoori, Sarah Rajabi, Mohamad Pezeshki‐Modaress, Alireza Ayati, Mohammad Reza Mousavi, Mohammad Reza Ellini, Amir Kamali, Amir Azarpazhooh, Anil Kishen. International Endodontic Journal. 2022. V:55. P:374-390.
- Shape memory injectable cryogel based on carboxymethyl chitosan/gelatin for minimally invasive tissue engineering: In vitro and in vivo assays. Shadab Bagheri‐Khoulenjani Nafiseh Olov, Hamid Mirzadeh, Roshanak Moradi, Sarah Rajabi. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials. 2022. V:110. P: 2438-2451.
- Fabrication and In Vitro Evaluation of A Chondroitin Sulphate-Polycaprolactone Composite Nanofibrous Scaffold for Potential Use in Dermal Tissue Engineering. Mohamad Pezeshki-Modaress, Mohadeseh Akbarzadeh, Dariush Ebrahimibagha, Mojgan Zandi, Tayyeb Ghadimi, Amin Sadeghi, Sarah Rajabi. Cell Journal (Yakhteh). 2022. V: 24(1). P:36–43.
- Heart Repair Induced by Cardiac Progenitor Cell Delivery within Polypyrrole-Loaded Cardiogel Post-ischemia. Melika Parchehbaf-Kashani, Hassan Ansari, Elena Mahmoudi, Maryam Barekat, Mohammadmajid Sepantafar, Sarah Rajabi*, Sara Pahlavan. ACS Applied Bio Materials. 2021. V:4. P: 4849–4861.
Oxygen-rich Environment Ameliorates Cell Therapy Outcomes of Cardiac Progenitor Cells for Myocardial Infarction. Leila Montazeri, Reza Kowsari-Esfahan, Sara Pahlavan, Motahareh Sobat, Shahram Rabbani, Hassan Ansari, Fahimeh Varzideh, Maryam Barekat, Sarah Rajabi, Fatemeh Navaee, Shahin Bonakdar, Philippe Renaud, Thomas Braun, Hossein Baharvand. Materials Science and Engineering: C. 2021. V:121. P: 111836.
- Highly tough and ultrafast self-healable dual, crosslinked sulfated alginate-based polyurethane elastomers for engineering vascular tissue. Azadeh Mostafavi, Hamed Daemi, Sarah Rajabi, Hossein Baharvand. Carbohydrate Polymers. 2021. V:257. P: 117632.
- Bioinspired Device Improves the Cardiogenic Potential of Cardiac Progenitor Cells. Zahra Shams, Babak Akbari, Sarah Rajabi, Nasser Aghdami. Cell Journal (Yakhteh). 2021. V:23. P: 129–136.
- A simple, green chemistry technology for the fabrication of tissue-engineered scaffolds based on mussel-inspired 3D centrifugal spun. Mahdi Saeed, Saeed Beigi-Boroujeni, Sarah Rajabi, Golnaz Rafati Ashteiani, Maryam Dolatfarahi, Mutlu Özcan. Materials Science and Engineering: C. 2021. V:121. P: 111849.
- Optimizing methods for bovine dental pulp decellularization. Hengameh Bakhtiar, Sarah Rajabi, Mohammad Pezeshki-Modaress, Mohammad Reza Ellini, Mahsa Panahinia, Solmaz Alijani, Amir Mazidi, Amir Kamali, Amir Azarpazhooh, Anil Kishen. Journal of Endodontics. 2021.V:47. P: 62-68.
- Cardiac ECM/chitosan/alginate ternary scaffolds for cardiac tissue engineering application. Maryam Tamimi, Sarah Rajabi, Mohammad Pezeshki-Modarres. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2020. V:164. P: 389-402.
- Decellularized muscle‐derived hydrogels support in vitro cardiac microtissue fabrication. Sarah Rajabi*, Nasser Aghdami, Fahimeh Varzideh, Melika Parchehbaf‐Kashani, Fatemeh Nobakht Lahrood. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part B: Applied Biomaterials. 2020. V:108. P: 3302-3310.
- Design and characterization of an electroconductive scaffold for cardiomyocytes-based biomedical assays. Melika Parchehbaf-Kashani, Mohammadmajid Sepantafar, Mahmood Talkhabi, Forough Azam Sayahpour, Hossein Baharvand, Sara Pahlavan, Sarah Rajabi⁎. Materials Science & Engineering C. 2020. V:109. P: 110603.
- Pulp ECM-derived macroporous scaffolds for stimulation of the dental-pulp regeneration process. Hengameh Bakhtiar, Mohammad Pezeshki-Modaress, Zahra Kiaipour, Mahdieh Shafiee, Mohammad Reza Ellini, Amir Mazidi, Sarah Rajabi, Soheila Zamanlui Benisi, Seyed Naser Ostad, Kerstin Galler, Pardis Pakshir, Amir Azarpazhooh, Anil Kishen. Dental Materials. 2020. V:36(1). P: 76-87.
- Assessment of the Efficacy of Tributylammonium Alginate Surface-Modified Polyurethane as an Antibacterial Elastomeric Wound Dressing for both Non-Infected and Infected FullThickness Wounds. Seyyedeh Sahar Hosseini Salekdeh, Hamed Daemi, Maryam Zare-Gachi, Sarah Rajabi, Farhad Bazgir, Naser Aghdami, Mohammad Sadegh Nourbakhsh, and Hossein Baharvand. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces. 2020. V:12(3). P: 3393–3406.
- Tough, hybrid chondroitin sulfate nanofibers as a promising scaffold for skin tissue engineering. Amin Sadeghi, Mojgan Zandi, Mohamad Pezeshki-Modaress, Sarah Rajabi. International journal of biological macromolecules. 2019. V:132. P: 63-75.
- Optimization of miRNA delivery by using a polymeric conjugate based on deoxycholic acid-modified polyethyleneimine. Fatemeh Radmanesh, Hamid Sadeghi Abandansari, Sara Pahlavan, Mehdi Alikhani, Mahdi Karimi, Sarah Rajabi, Bahram Kazemi, Hossein Baharvand. International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 2019. V:565. P: 391-408.
- Cardioprotective effects of omega‐3 fatty acids and ascorbic acid improve the regenerative capacity of embryonic stem cell‐derived cardiac lineage cells. Parisa Shabani, Zaniar Ghazizadeh, Sattar Gorgani‐Firuzjaee, Mohammad Molazem, Sarah Rajabi, Sadaf Vahdat, Yaser Azizi, Mahmood Doosti, Nasser Aghdami, Hossein Baharvand. BioFactors. 2019. V: 45(3). P: 427-438.
- Tailoring the gelatin/chitosan electrospun scaffold for application in skin tissue engineering: an in vitro study. Mohamad Pezeshki-Modaress, Mojgan Zandi, Sarah Rajabi. Progress in biomaterials. 2018. V:7. P: 207–218.
- Exosomes secreted by hypoxic cardiosphere‐derived cells enhance tube formation and increase pro‐angiogenic miRNA. Helia Namazi, Elham Mohit, Iman Namazi, Sarah Rajabi, Azam Samadian, Ensiyeh Hajizadeh‐Saffar, Nasser Aghdami, Hossein Baharvand. Journal of cellular biochemistry. 2018. V: 119(5). P: 4150-4160.
- In situ formation of interpenetrating polymer network using sequential thermal and click crosslinking for enhanced retention of transplanted cells. Hamid Sadeghi Abandansari, Mohammad Hossein Ghanian, Fahimeh Varzideh, Elena Mahmoudi, Sarah Rajabi, Payam Taheri, Mohammad Reza Nabid, Hossein Baharvand. Biomaterials. 2018. V: 170. P: 12-25.
- Human embryonic stem cell-derived cardiovascular progenitor cells efficiently colonize in the bFGF-tethered natural matrix to construct contracting humanized rat hearts. Sarah Rajabi, Sara Pahlavan, Hassan Ansari, Saeed Abbasalizadeh, Mohammad Kazemi Ashtiani, ForoughAzam Sayyahpour, Fahimeh Varzideh, Seyed-Ali Ossia, Sawa Kostin, Thomas Braun, Nasser Aghdami, Hossein Baharvand. Biomaterials. 2018. V: 154. P: 99-112.
- Effect of chemical immobilization of SDF-1α into muscle-derived scaffolds on angiogenesis and muscle progenitors recruitment. Sarah Rajabi#, Sasan Jalili-Firoozinezhad#, Mohammad Kazemi Ashtiani, Shahragim Tajbakhsh, Hossein Baharvand. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2017. V: 12(1). P: e438-e450. #: authors contributed equally.
- Fabrication and characterization of heparin/collagen sponge for in vitro differentiation of Wharton’s jelly-derived mesenchymal stem cells into hepatocytes. Fatemeh Aleahmad, Tahereh Talaei-Khozani, Sareh Rajabi-Zeleti, Mahsa Sani, Sasan Jalili-Firoozinezhad, Shahin Bonakdar, Sanaz Heshmat-Azad, Mahnaz Azarnia, Mansoureh Jaberipour. 2017. V: 17(2). P: e58724.
- Hamid Amiry Heydari (Ph.D. candidate in Tissue engineering)
- Saeedeh Erfanian (Ph.D. candidate in Tissue engineering)
- Roghaye Hamidi (Research Assistant)
- Mahla Chalak (Master student in Genetics)
- Fatemeh Hosseini (Master student in Genetics)
- Raana Rafieyan (Master student in Genetics)
- Melika Niazi (Master student in Genetics)
- Hamid Khodayari (Master student in Developmental Biology)
- Shaghayegh Abdi (Master student in Developmental Biology)
- Hadiseh Saniefar (Master student in Cell and Molecular Biology)