Faezeh Shekari Ph.D.
Department of Stem Cells and Developmental Biology
Faezeh Shekari is a member of Royan Extracellular Vesicle Group. She graduated in B.Sc and M.Sc of Cellular and Molecular Biology from Tehran University. During her undergraduate studies, she got interested in proteomics. She joined Royan Institute at 2005 to pursue her interests on membrane proteomics. Toward her PhD these, she got interested in subcellular fractionation and organellar proteomics under supervision of Dr Hosseini Salekdeh and Prof. Baharvand. She performed international projects including membrane proteome analysis of liver microsomal fraction from international membrane proteomics initiative (MPI) as well as prepared and characterized standard sample for Asian and Oceania human embryonic stem cell MPI under supervision of Prof. Yu-Ju Chen (from Academia Sinica, Taiwan) and Dr. Hosseini Salekdeh and Prof. Baharvand (from Royan institute) in Academia Sinica. Currently she works as an Assistant Professor in Royan Extracellular Vesicle Group.
Extracellular vesicle/ proteomics and biomarker discovery/ drug delivery/
We are a newly established group with the aim to develop new extracellular vesicle based therapeutics and diagnostic. As a part of Royan Advanced Therapeutic Medicinal Products, we aim to isolate and characterized functional extracellular vesicles to be used in clinical trials. To pursue this goal we try to optimize and select best method of choice whatever ultracentrifugation based methods, size exclusion or filtration and test functionality in vitro and in vivo animal model. Furthermore, we aim to utilize well characterized vesicles as drug delivery vehicle.
Fatemeh Mehryab (PharmD student)
EV-based breast cancer therapy
Fatemeh Kabiri (PharmD student)
EV-based breast cancer therapy
- Shekari F, Nezari H, Chen YJ, Baharvand H, Hosseini Salekdeh G. Data for whole and mitochondrial proteome of human embryonic stem cells. Data Brief. 2017 Jun 12;13:371-376. doi: 10.1016/j.dib.2017.05.036. eCollection 2017 Aug. PubMed PMID: 28664172; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5480819.
- Shekari F, Nezari H, Larijani MR, Han CL, Baharvand H, Chen YJ, Salekdeh GH. Proteome analysis of human embryonic stem cells organelles. J Proteomics. 2017 Jun 6;162:108-118. doi: 10.1016/j.jprot.2017.04.017. Epub 2017 Apr 20. PubMed PMID: 28435121.
- Hashemi A, Gharechahi J, Nematzadeh G, Shekari F, Hosseini SA, Salekdeh GH. Two-dimensional blue native/SDS-PAGE analysis of whole cell lysate protein complexes of rice in response to salt stress. J Plant Physiol. 2016 Aug 1;200:90-101. doi: 10.1016/j.jplph.2016.05.023. Epub 2016 Jun 22. PubMed PMID: 27362847.
- Shekari F, Baharvand H, Salekdeh GH. Organellar proteomics of embryonic stem cells. Adv Protein Chem Struct Biol. 2014;95:215-30. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-800453-1.00007-5. PubMed PMID: 24985774.
- Shekari F, Taei A, Pan TL, Wang PW, Baharvand H, Salekdeh GH. Identification of cytoplasmic and membrane-associated complexes in human embryonic stem cells using blue native PAGE. Mol Biosyst. 2011 Sep;7(9):2688-701. doi: 10.1039/c1mb05135k. Epub 2011 Jul 5. PubMed PMID: 21727978.
- Mardpour, S., S.N. Hassani, S. Mardpour, F. Sayahpour, M. Vosough, J. Ai, N. Aghdami, A.A. Hamidieh, and H. Baharvand, Extracellular Vesicles Derived from Human Embryonic Stem Cell-MSCs Ameliorate Cirrhosis in Thioacetamide-Induced Chronic Liver Injury. J Cell Physiol, 2017.