Fereshteh Esfandiari Ph.D.
Department of Stem Cells and Developmental Biology
Fereshteh Esfandiari earned her B. Sc. in Biology from Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran in 2009. She started her research at Royan institute in 2009 and joined Royan in 2011 as a full-time researcher. She has earned her PhD from University of Science and Culture in 2016 and her current research is focused on in vitro germ cells production/differentiation by engineering approach.
1. In vitro germ cells development
2. Applying engineering approaches in germ cells research
3. Improvement of spermatogenesis following cancer therapy/azospermia
4. In vitro oocyte generation from ovarian stem cells
Atieh Eghbali (M. Sc. Student)
Zeinab Ghorbaninezhad (M. Sc. Student)
Azam Javadi (M. Sc. Student)
Maryam Farzaneh (M. Sc. Student)
Reihaneh Hayai (M. Sc. Student)
- Esfandiari F, Ashtiani MK, Sharifi-Tabar M, Saber M, Daemi H, Ghanian MH, Shahverdi A, Baharvand H. Microparticle-Mediated Delivery of BMP4 for Generation of Meiosis-Competent Germ Cells from Embryonic Stem Cells. Macromol Biosci. 2017 Mar;17(3)
- Esfandiari F, Mashinchian O, Ashtiani MK, Ghanian MH, Hayashi K, Saei AA, Mahmoudi M, Baharvand H. Possibilities in Germ Cell Research: An Engineering Insight. Trends Biotechnol. 2015 Dec;33(12):735-746. doi: 10.1016/j.tibtech.2015.09.004. Epub 2015 Oct 20. Review.
- Sharifi Tabar M, Hesaraki M, Esfandiari F, Sahraneshin Samani F, Vakilian H, Baharvand H., Evaluating Electroporation and Lipofectamine Approaches for Transient and Stable Transgene Expressions in Human Fibroblasts and Embryonic Stem Cells. Cell J. 2015 Fall;17(3):438-50. Epub 2015 Oct 7.
- Attari F, Sepehri H, Ansari H, Hassani SN, Esfandiari F, Asgari B, Shahverdi A, Baharvand H. Efficient induction of pluripotency in primordial germ cells by dual inhibition of TGF-β and ERK signaling pathways. Stem Cells Dev. 2014 May 15;23(10):1050-61. doi: 10.1089/scd.2013.0438. Epub 2014 Feb 20.
- Esfandiari F, Fathi A, Gourabi H, Kiani S, Nemati S, Baharvand H. Glycogen synthase kinase-3 inhibition promotes proliferation and neuronal differentiation of human-induced pluripotent stem cell-derived neural progenitors. Stem Cells Dev. 2012 Nov 20;21(17):3233-43. doi: 10.1089/scd.2011.0678. Epub 2012 Aug 10.